Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Table Makeover

I have wanted a new table for a while. When we purchased our table it was perfect and fit our style, well what I thought was "our" style. I have now recognized that my style and the hubs style are different. The table set was the hubs style...... BUT I LOVED the counter height AND I loved the square shape. You can comfortably fit 8 people around it, it is perfect for playing games since the middle is equal distance for everyone :) I LOVE it! but the style... eh.... On top of it, I had been searching for stools and it was darn near impossible!
 
Random events took place and a neighbor was selling her SQUARE table, with features I wanted, PLUS 3 BAR STOOLS! I just HAD to have them. I promised the hubs that I would have it finished in a week since we did NOT have the space to store it! Well.......... 3 months I FINALLY started it, and 5 months later it was FINISHED!
 
It needed some work as there were names carved in and some crazy deep scratches.


 
 
I needed to sand A LOT! Thank goodness I had some good helpers!
 
 
 
ALMOST done.....
 
 
 
It was quit the process, which I will blog about that later :)  Here she is all DONE! I used BB Frosch Chalk Paint Powder from the "stained" top to all the painted parts! That is one of the MANY reasons I LOVE BB Frosch! you can get SOOO MANY looks with just ONE product! Seriously, this stuff is amazing! (now here is where I make my little plug :) .... I sell ALL BB Frosch products and you can see them pinned to the top of my FB pg :) )  I also added knew knobs to those cute little drawers on the ends.
 
What DO you think!? I LOVE it! I just have to get used to having a reg height table, after having a counter heights for YRS!
 
 

 
 
PRODUCT LIST :
 
OK you are gonna hate me! ALL the colors I used were custom mixed on the spot but I can tell you the table base color
 
Table base : 1/2 SPMP Sweetie Jane custom matched 1/2 SW watery
 
Brush on Lacquer on tops of table and chairs
Varathanes Waterbased Polyurathane on the rest.
 
new knobs from Hobby Lobby
 
BB Frosch Chalk Paint Powder was added to all the paint to make a creamy high quality chalk paint
 

No comments:

Post a Comment